Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Handmade papers formed into a bowl. I make the paper, then I make things out of the paper. These bowls are some of the things I make. Most of the bowls are between 5 - 6 inches in diameter, and between 2 - 4 inches deep. Most of them are surprisingly sturdy. They're varnished after formed.

Side view of the bowl that's above.

Delicate bowl, with purchased dried flowers added.

This bowl has several layers. I've taken a couple of photos of the outside of the bowl, to show the "strata".

Another view of the same bowl, outside layers.

This is one side of the above bowl, with its stratas of thick paper.

A second view from the side of the bowl, showing a little more of the inside.

This bowl has a random edge, edged in gold paint. Most of my bowls are edged with gold paint.

Another rather delicate bowl - when you hold it up to the light, you can see through this one, and the other delicate one that's above. Again, purchased dried flowers have been added to the inside of this bowl.

Side view of the delicate bowl that's shown above.

Using my handmade papers, I am in the process of creating a collage. I've used 140-lb watercolor paper as the base on which I'm doing the collage work. It holds up well, and doesn't warp. Stage one. 12" x 9".

Stage two: I've edged the different pieces of the collage with gold paint, and will mount this on the blue matte board. Then I will matte it with the purple matte board. I'm going to use a thin gold metal frame on this. The finished size will be 18" x 14".


A little paper rose, worked into handmade paper background. 8" x 6". No gold paint - I left this as a soft presentation.
 
 
Copper bowl, gold top edge. This bowl is hard as a rock.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment